Appointments (01204 463090)
We offer three types of appointments:
- Advance Appointments - if you want an advanced appointment for follow up of an existing problem, you may specify which doctor you prefer to see and approximately at what time of day. You may have to wait for the doctor of your choice. You can book up to four weeks ahead for these appointments.
- Soon Appointments - we also offer some soon appointments. These will usually be offered within the next two days. These appointments are for patients who need to see the doctor soon. Their case is not urgent for the same day but cannot wait for the next advance appointment either. We will try our best to offer you your usual GP, but this is not always possible.
- Urgent Appointments - if your problem cannot wait please ring in the morning before 10:00 and you should be offered an appointment on that day, however this is likely to be with the next available doctor at the next available time.
If you feel your problem can be resolved over the telephone, then feel free to ask for a telephone consultation if it is more convenient for you. If whilst speaking to you the doctor feels you need to be seen face-to-face then you will be asked to attend the practice as usual.
In a number of cases it might be worth considering an appointment with a practice nurse rather than a doctor. Practice nurses are qualified to deal with many conditions and you may be seen more quickly.
- Tell us immediately if your call is an emergency.
- Let us know if more than one person in the family needs to be seen. We can give you more than one appointment if necessary.
- Tell us if you want somebody to accompany you during an examination.
We can arrange interpretation and translation services by telephone for patients who do not speak English. Please let us know if you need this service when booking an appointment.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else. Patients who persistently miss appointments may be asked to find another practice.
EVENING AND WEEKEND APPOINTMENTS - in Bolton's extended primary care service
As a patient at our Practice, if you would like to see a GP or Practice Nurse for a routine appointment in an evening or at the weekend, we are able to offer you an appointments at one of the Bolton GP extended access hubs in Bolton.
Bolton's GP practices have joined together, through their Federation, to offer appointments in the evenings and at weekends. These appointments are with Bolton GPs and Bolton Practice Nurses and are available via the extended primary care service provided by GP Federation on behalf of practices across Bolton.
You can make an appointment to see a doctor, advanced nurse practitioner or practice nurse in one of the hubs in the same way as you book appointments with us, through the practice reception.
Appointments are available across Bolton at the following sites:
DEANE MEDICAL CENTRE - serving south east Bolton
WATERS MEETING HEALTH CENTRE - serving north east Bolton
WINIFRED KETTLE HEALTH CENTRE - serving west of Bolton
Monday to Friday 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Saturday 9.30am - 1pm
Sunday 9.30am - 1pm
If you wish to cancel your appointment please contact us, if we are closed telephone 0161 763 8941